This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Suggestion re tree-ssa merge
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Dave Korn <dk at artimi dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:25:59 -0400
- Subject: RE: Suggestion re tree-ssa merge
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <NUTMEGGYSaZ8mvt90xQ0000009d@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 09:21, Dave Korn wrote:
> I always think it's worth tagging immediately after a big merge as well.
> It makes it easy to get the entire set of changes from the merge as a diff.
> It helps establish whether bugs that are discovered in the aftermath of the
> merge (while the dust is still settling!) are due to the merge or to the
> ongoing development work that has resumed after the merge.
Good idea. I had only thought of doing a pre-merge tag.