Re: *-*-netware target

Hi,

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Jan Beulich wrote:

> >And due to the fact that no test results were ever reported.
> >See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-10/msg00143.html.
>
> I'm not exactly sure how this works, but the way I would guess it does
> makes it rather unlikely that such results can be obtained (and
> considered useful) for a compiler that can only be run in a cross
> environment.

The testsuite does support testing cross compilers by various means.

> Saying so, I'd like to understand whether I will have to also take care
> of (requesting to) resurrect(ing) the already removed pieces in the
> mainline.

If you're the maintainer you are the one doing the changes which interest
you.  If this means readding files then you are the one doing this.  You
do this by creating a patch, sending it to gcc-patches@ and possibly wait
for okays for parts where you aren't maintainer.  For any patches to be
acceptable in GCC you need a copyright assignment on file, and a
copyright disclaimer from your employer.

Ciao,
Michael.