Setting milestones on PRs for bugs already fixed

The night before last I closed PR target6434.  This bug was finally
fixed in the 3.4 release, but nobody updated the PR to reflect this.

That brings up a question.  What should the milestone be set to?

If I set it to 3.4.0 then that will correctly reflect the release that
fixed the problem, but that is already out now, so the closure of this
bug will never appear in any release notes.

If I set it to 3.4.1 then the closure will appear in the 3.4.1 release
notes, but it might be slightly misleading as to when the problem was
really resolved.

What to do?  My slight bias would be towards the second option, but I've
no really strong preference.

R.