ANN: Merge of tree-ssa into mainline

The branch is now completely frozen.  No patches of any kind are
allowed.  If you have any last minute changes, please send them to me
directly.

I will start the final merge into mainline today.  Since the merge will
modify so many files and directories, I would like to request mainline
frozen for 24 hours so that I can bootstrap and test the final merge on
the various machines I have available and make sure there are no last
minute surprises.

So, would it be possible to freeze mainline starting tomorrow Wed May 12
at 11:00 UTC?  I doubt I will need 24 hours.

Thanks.  Diego.