Re: RFC: split ColdFire from m68k backend

Kazu Hirata wrote:

Is cross compilation good enough as a test setup? Im writing code for a dragonball embedded board.

Well, I am talking from a compiler writer's point of view. Lack of a simulator on an embedded port would limit the size of the community that can work on that port. Not everybody is willing to develop a simulator when he or she just wishes to make a small modification to GCC and test the compiler.

By the way, I've found the following page:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2001-02/msg00490.html

but I don't think it has ever made it to the repository.

Interesting. Is there any chance to resurrect this patch? I suppose we'd first have to sort out the copyright assignment issue.

\X/  http://www.develer.com/