Re: Promoting floats to doubles?

It would be good to check this though.  If the SCO compiler supports
Fortran, Java, Ada, or C++, check to see if any of the other languages
need this conversion.  My expectation is that they do not.
Well the native compilers just support C and C++, and C++ is
just the god-aweful cfront stuff, so its all C under the hood anyway.
But thats a bit of a moot point, as even a Java or C++ or Fortran
program can (and most liekly will) link against things like libm.so,
which was compiled by the SCO compiler, and which requires these
convesions, so the point Joseph makes is valid, it shouldn't be language
specific.

I confess great ignorance to the workings of GCC. I only ever got to
know enough about it to do the SCO port and I know almost enough to
maintain it, with a little help from you guys :) If you or Joseph could
point me in the right direction for doing this at the appropriate level
(I believe the term Joseph used was the "middle-end" or "backend" then
I can chase it down with hopefully a minimal amount of nagging.

Thank you both for your help so far though, its been great.

Kean