Re: C Optimization Tests, 1 May 2004, tree-ssa/3.5/3.4/icc

Kevin Atkinson wrote:
Would it be possible to also test 32-bit code. I am not sure but I believe that will give a fairly good idea of how well it will perform on the Athlon as the timings are about the same. I believe that may also give some indication of how it will do in the PIII. From my limited experience code optimized for the PIII will do well on the Athlon and vis versa (well at least for integer code, FP may be another story).

I'm running a pure 64-bit system (which presents a few challenges), and haven't yet had time to create a 32-bit chroot.

As for the P3, I have a dual 600MHz system here that I may run the tests on in the future.

..Scott

--
Scott Robert Ladd