This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -MM -MG, <foo.h>, and 3.4.0
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: Paul Jarc <prj at po dot cwru dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:27:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: -MM -MG, <foo.h>, and 3.4.0
- References: <email@example.com>
Paul Jarc wrote:
> foo.o: foo.c foo.h bar.h
$ cat foo.c
$ gcc-3.4.0/bin/gcc -E -MM -MG foo.c
This looks like an unintentional side-effect of
which completely rewrote the cpp file handling to fix #import, #pragma
once and a number of other problems.
I think cpp_stack_include has to pass angle_brackets to cpp_find_file,
which then passes it on to open_file_failed, which then tests it like
gcc-3.3.x and earlier did.
I'd suggest filing a bug report so this doesn't get lost or forgotten.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com