Re: s390 & other targets misc ACATS failures

Laurent Guerby wrote:

> Just to let you know, the following tests fail on 64 bit
> targets because of a test configuration problem:
>
> FAIL:	cd2a83c
> FAIL:	cd2a91c
>
> In testsuite/ada/acats/support/macro.dfs the two
> harcdoded 32 (ACC_SIZE and TASK_SIZE) need
> to be computed for the target (I suspect 64
> for s390, same for amd64).

I assume ACC_SIZE means the size of a pointer, and likewise
TASK_SIZE (I'm not sure how exactly a 'TASK OBJECT' is represented)?

If so, this needs to be 64 for s390x, and 32 for s390.

> FAIL:	ad8011a
>
> This one tests an asm inline statement and it is
> configured by macro.dfs to use:
>
> MACHINE_CODE_STATEMENT     Asm_Insn'(Asm ("nop"));
>
> So may be "nop" is not supported on s390,
> could you provide me with a suitable s390 replacement
> if the testsuite log confirms that it is complaining
> about "nop"?

Yes, it is indeed the "nop".  As valid nop on s390 you can use
"nop 0".  See also the configure.ac section used to define
gcc_cv_as_dwarf2_debug_line: there's a selection of nop insns
for various platforms there.

Thanks for looking after this!

Bye,
Ulrich