Re: GCC 3.4.0 build failed on interix3

Christopher Faylor <cgf@alum.bu.edu> writes:

> Do you really want to rehash this argument again?  The point is that it
> is "separate" and that it is "purchased".  GNU tools were being used to
> help the sale of a separate proprietary component of Microsoft NT.

To be honest, the availability of GCC is far more important to some
proprietary *NIX vendors than to Microsoft.  You can get away with no
C compiler on Windows, but on *NIX systems, it's *much* harder.

So I think this is a non-issue.  The ubiquitous availability of GCC is
more important for the process of Free Software Enlightenment than the
freedom of GCC itself.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, postino.it, tiscali.co.uk,