Re: versioning of _Unwind_*() symbols

H. J. Lu wrote:

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 12:15:16PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:

While we are on it, binaries compiled by gcc may reference gcc
personality functions, which only come with gcc. That means when you
mix them with other compilers, you have to do something like

# icc .... find the right gcc personality functions

How can we address this?

The presonality routines should be either (a) included in the shared object or executable, or (b) the shared object or executable should have a dependency on a shared object providing that personality routine.

It doesn't help when I want to use relocatable object files generated
by gcc with icc.

The ABI does not cover that case.

If you look at the beginning of the ABI document, you'll see that it is designed only to deal with shared objects and executables. There's no guarantee that you can intermix ".o" files, although that may work in some cases.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC