This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: parse error at end of input
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: Satish Banukumar <sb304 at ece dot msstate dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:56:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: parse error at end of input
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 01:35:54PM -0500, Satish Banukumar wrote:
> I am getting an error statement "parse error at end if input" when i gmake
> the attached file. I says a error at line 62 which is after the end of the
You haven't provided a full testcase. You haven't said what version of
the compiler you're using. At least I can tell you're using the SystemC
> #include "stage1.cpp"
> #include "stage2.cpp"
> #include "check.cpp"
You haven't said what's in those files. You can use gcc -E to produce
preprocessor output. You probably have some form of unbalanced
parentheses or quoting, though the compiler should give you a more usable
There's a bug in your source, clearly, but I would argue that such a poor
diagnostic is a bug in the compiler.