This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.4 branch reopened
- From: Ranjit Mathew <rmathew at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:05:31 +0530
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.4 branch reopened
- References: <40861A6E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mark Mitchell wrote:
> The 3.4 branch is now open for check-ins under the usual branch rules:
> regression fixes only, any appropriate maintainer may approve changes.
According to "Bug-fix Releases" in:
there is no such restriction, is there?
I mean, even if there's an "understood" restriction like
this, I would still like to propose that it be "any bug
fix" and not strictly "regression fixes".
(I understand that "regression" can be as loosely
defined as you please, by taking a "far back enough"
reference release of GCC, in which case this
discussion is moot.)
Ranjit Mathew Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com
Bangalore, INDIA. Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/