Re: versioning of _Unwind_*() symbols

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 17:45, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> The issue that I see is that code linked against libgcc's
> implementation of the C++ ABI can not be used with anyone else's
> implementation of the C++ ABI.

How is this any different than what glibc does?  Code linked against
glibc's implementation of the ISO C and POSIX library standards can not
be used with anyone else's implementation of the ISO C and POSIX library
standards, because glibc versions symbols.  If you didn't want to use
the routines from glibc, you shouldn't have linked them in.

I fail to see any difference between what glibc does and what libgcc
does.  Perhaps I am wrong, but no one has yet pointed out any flaw in my
argument.

Actually, come to think of it, glibc tends to use weak aliases a lot.
Does that help solve the problem if libgcc starts using weak aliases?  I
haven't tried thinking this through.  Or perhaps there is some other
difference between how glibc and libgcc are structured that lets
versioned symbols work for glibc?