Re: [Newb] grokdeclarator in gcc/cp/decl.c

On Apr 18, 2004, at 15:01, sashan wrote:
I was tracking a bug (pr12102) and came too the grokdeclarator function in gcc/cp/decl.c. The bugs not in grokdeclarator however it's a 2000 line long
function. Given that it says here http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/beginner.html that one task is to break up large functions I was wondering if anyone has any objections to breaking that function into smaller ones. It's something I'd like to do but I want to make sure that any effort I make won't be wasted.

The problem here will mostly be understanding what the code is supposed
to do, break that task into logical pieces and, most importantly, clearly
define what each function does, what data (arguments, global state) it
relies on and what the effects (return value, global state) are.

-Geert