Re: Disable g++/libstdc++-v3 on AIX for 3.4?

Roger Sayle wrote:

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, David Edelsohn wrote:

	I have been testing with the pre-release version of the AIX
assembler and archiver, with very good testsuite results.  I have been
mailing those results to the gcc-testresults mailinglist.

I am having difficulty understanding what concern you are trying
to raise. The PTF will be available soon. When it is generally
available, GCC 3.4 will have full functionality on AIX. There have been
many AIX assembler PTFs that have improved GCC functionality on AIX.

If it were my port, however, I'd probably do as Roger suggests; test for the broken assembler and disable multilibs that won't work with that assembler. I agree that looping forever during a bootstrap seems undesirable.

However, I'm willing to leave this in the hands of the AIX maintainer, i.e., David. If David feels strongly that the status quo is better -- or if nobody produces a configure patch for the test -- then I guess it's OK as is.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC