Re: gcc.dg/funcorder.c failure on pa64 - need advice

> Presumably the problem is the use of the DP register ($r27)?  It's been a
> long long time since I looked at this stuff, but IIRC:
>
>   1. %dp must have its correct value at each and every call site.  It's
>      used in various ways inside the call sequences themselves.  It may
>      even be used in the linker stubs.  This use needs to be exposed
>      so that restores of the PIC register do not schedule after the
>      call itself.  There may also be an ABI mandate that the PIC register
>      be valid at a call site.

This isn't the issue.  The save and restore of %dp are not exposed
until after reload.  This is after the determination as to whether
or not a function is pure.

Now, I suppose Zack is going to ask about the sibcall failures on hppa64 ;)

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)