Re: ordering of constructors

Neal Becker <ndbecker2@verizon.net> writes:

| Thanks for all the interesting responses to my question.  Am I correct to
| summarize that there is currently no simple way to guarantee ordering of
| global constructors?  (A couple of methods were suggested, but if I
| understand correctly, none are guaranteed to work?)

There probably is no *general* method guaranteed to work.  However,
you may want to look at your specific example whether it contains the
problematic cases raised in this thread.
Note that this is an issue only when you really have a dynamic
initialization.

You mention CLN but you did not say exactly which cases are
problematic.  [I tried to install the version you mentioned I could
  not get it operate well -- due to configury issue; I was told that
  SuSE-9.0 comes with a package but yast seems to be saying the
  contrary. ]

-- Gaby