Re: [tree-ssa] What to do with ChangeLog.tree-ssa?

In message <1081449090.3172.774.camel@localhost.localdomain>, Diego Novillo wri
tes:

 >In preparation for the final merge into mainline, I'd like to know what
 >should we do with ChangeLog.tree-ssa.  We typically add all the entries
 >into the main ChangeLog file.
 >
 >However, gcc/ChangeLog.tree-ssa is 740Kb and spans about 3 years worth
 >of changes.  Do we really want to insert that chunk into ChangeLog?
 >
 >We could just have a ChangeLog entry for all new files, but IMO it is
 >important to keep ChangeLog.tree-ssa in one way or another.  Perhaps we
 >could keep it as a separate read-only file for reference?
IMHO, we don't need to bring in the full history of the new files with the
merge.  Nor do we need to document the hell of twiddling fold_relational_hi_lo
several times when we merge to the mainline.  We just need to note the new
files and whatever final changes to existing files are made.

jeff