Partially redundant casts

Should we bother eliminating partially redundant casts?
I was specifically not handling any unaries in SSAPRE because it was way too expensive.
It may not be in the case GVN-PRE that they are.
I'm just curious if it's actually worth it.

Because they are unary expressions, GVN-PRE can detect and eliminate partially redundant casts.
But if they don't generate code, this is obviously not worth it.
Is there some way to determine what casts will generate code and what won't, so we know what to eliminate?
--Dan