Re: Mainline is Busted for Java

>PS: "make new-bootstrap" has been producing a gcj that
>fails spectacularly on i686-pc-linux-gnu. What *is* this
>make target for?

It's the experimental target intended to (eventually) replace the
current "bootstrap" logic.

Of course, it can't do that until it *works*.  Currently I know that
it breaks libada pretty badly, and I'm working on fixing that on libada-branch
(but my fixes are breaking libada in other ways, so I have to find and fix
those first...)

I haven't seen problems with GCJ which don't occur with ordinary bootstrap.
Could you please tell me what "spectacular" failures you're seeing, so I
can fix them? :-)

--
Make sure your vote will count.
http://www.verifiedvoting.org/