Re: Of Bounties and Mercenaries

On Apr  6, 2004, "Stephan T. Lavavej" <stl@caltech.edu> wrote:

> How about writing gcc in Modern, Standard C++?  You could do away with your
> crazy garbage-collected C (double ugh).

As much as I like C++, I don't see how switching to it would do away
with our need for garbage collection.  And then, in order to enjoy the
benefits of C++, we'd have to pretty much rewrite gcc from scratch, at
which point the recollection of something I read springs to mind:
[googles a bit] ah, yes: