Successfull GCC Installation on SCO OSR5 v5.0.6

Installed GCC 3.3.3

config.guess:
i386-pc-sco3.2v5.0.6

gcc -v:
Reading specs from
/var/opt/K/SCO/Unix/5.0.6Ga/usr/local/gcc3/bin/../lib/gcc-lib
/i386-pc-sco3.2v5.0.6/3.3.3/specs
Configured with: ../gcc-3.3.3/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc3
--with-gnu-as
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.3.3

I downloaded the full compiler collection and didn't turn off any languages
that I know of - it appears that f77, c++ and c were built.

The install was on SCO OpenServer v5.0.6 with rs506a installed. The
host/target specific installation notes are out of date.

In order to install the previous pre-compiled SCO distribution of gcc and
get it to work correctly, I needed
      OSS646B - Execution Environment Update
      gnutools v5.0.7Kj - this replaces OSS658A, which is no longer
available. It does not install over Skunkware 2000, so I suggest making hard
links from /usr/local/bin to /usr/gnu/bin for all files in /usr/gnu/bin.
      gwxlibs-1.3.2Ag - this replaces OSS631B.It is the Supplemental
Graphics, Web and X11 Libraries.

It may be possible to link /usr/local/bin/ar to /bin/idar, as gnutools
doesn't seem to include all of binutils. I installed and compiled binutils
first, using the ar bootstrap method described in binutils\README.

"To me, success can be achieved only through repeated failure and
introspection. In fact, success represents 1 percent of your work and
results from the 99 percent that is called failure."
- Soichiro Honda
Pete M. Wilson
(434) 799-4570
Network & Systems Manager