Re: mainline AIX bootstrap broken in libstdc++-v3 (Also in darwin)

gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org wrote on 31/03/2004 17:29:44:

>    I bootstrapped successfully last night.  I need to use a
> pre-release version of the AIX assembler and archiver, but the symptoms
of
> that problem are "as" getting into an endless loop.  I do not see any
> problem building libstdc++-v3.
>
>    Please make sure that no files have CVS tags in your checkout by
> using "cvs update -A" to clear tags.

I have tried also this, but it didn't help.

Paolo have pointed out that the c++allocator.h file is missing from
libstdc++-v3/include/bits/ directory I have tried an explicit checkout
and get the following message:
% cvs co -A libstdc++-v3/include/bits/c++allocator.h
cvs server: warning: new-born libstdc++-v3/include/bits/c++allocator.h has
disappeared

According to ChangeLog Benjamin Kosnik is responsible for including
c++allocator.h in
allocator.h.

Mostafa.