Re: GCC options and floating-point correctness (benchmarks)

Joe Buck wrote:

But there's a problem.  People have posted trivial programs where icc
majorly violates IEEE rules.  Could Intel be tuning specifically to work
well on paranoia

I would expect so. I would expect ANY compiler to be tested against Paranoia.

but take impermissible shortcuts elsewhere?

We already have some examples, so this is definitely the case.