Re: GCC beaten by ICC in stupid trig test!

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 14:06, Roger Sayle wrote:
> But then its a complete
> mystery why this so many of the top500 supercomputers are now Intel/AMD
> clusters.

Economics. Less true nowadays with Apple decision to sell cheap bi G5
systems, but then it's reflected in the TOP500 with a very nice spot for
G5.

> Whilst I don't deny that there is a tiny population of GCC users whose
> results depend upon the specific representation of their floating point
> formats

People needing this level of precision always use assembly since no
compiler will ever suit them, especially on x86 because of the extended
mess.

Intel Compiler people must have realized this and offer compilers all
their users are happy with.

Laurent