Re: GCC options and floating-point correctness (benchmarks)

Joseph S. Myers wrote:
What if -ffloat-store is used in alternative to those?  It doesn't
actually work as far as causing conformance (e.g., casts to same type
still get discarded rather than reducing precision), but it is supposed to
help.

-ffloat-store and -mieee-fp don't change the results.

I've delayed the new release of Acovea, my evolutionary compiler option analysis tool, (http://www.coyotegulch.com/acovea) until early next week, so that I can add a variant of Kahan's benchmark and test how options affect the number of failures, defects, and flaws.

The new Acovea uses XML confirugation files for compiler definitions, as opposed to the previous versions that used hard-coded C++ classes for that purpose.

..Scott

--
Scott Robert Ladd