This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PR bootstrap/14356] Error building 3.3.4 on i686-cygwin.
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Kelley Cook <kcook at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Bauke van Dijk <bauke dot vandijk at planet dot nl>, GCC Bugs <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 25 Mar 2004 00:54:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PR bootstrap/14356] Error building 3.3.4 on i686-cygwin.
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <4061F75C.email@example.com> <406209C0.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Kelley Cook <email@example.com> writes:
| > ../../gcc/gcc/gcc.c: In function `process_command':
| > ../../gcc/gcc/gcc.c:3609: error: assignment of read-only location
| > ../../gcc/gcc/gcc.c:3611: error: assignment of read-only location
| > make: *** [gcc.o] Error 1
| I hadn't tried CVS GCC 3.3 in a while, but I suspect that Mark
| Mitchell's patch to better diagnose constness was backported to GCC
| 3.3, which exposed a latent bug in gcc.c when it was ported to
| mainline and 3.4.
| This became PR 14356
| Anyway that was solved by:
| http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-03/msg00120.html which I would
| think should also now be backported to the GCC 3.3 branch.
| Would this be OK if it passes an overnight bootstrap on i686-pc-cygwin?
| It is different from Mark's patch as it had to be readjusted for K&R-ness.
Yes, you have been quicker than me at looking at this (though day here).
Please apply it.