This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: darwin-powerpc compiler/linker problem
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Laurent GUERBY <laurent at guerby dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:58:11 -0800
- Subject: Re: darwin-powerpc compiler/linker problem
- References: <1080071331.27851.76.camel@pc>
On Mar 23, 2004, at 11:48, Laurent GUERBY wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to compile a large Ada application with macada.org GCC
3.3-apple based GNAT and with 3.5. In both cases I managed to compile
the software, but at link time I get piles of linker message like
ld: xxx.o relocation overflow for relocation entry 587 in section
(__TEXT,__text) (displacement too large)
I tried -fno-common, -mminimal-toc, -fPIC (all found via google) and
various other combinations but without success. Small programs
or ACATS have no problem compiling, linking and running (-fno-common
needed with 3.5 though).
Any idea of what to try?
Yes this is a known linker bug for Darwin's linker, there is nothing
you can do about it except to complain to Apple or fix the linker