simplejump_p does not recognise jumps in parallel rtx

Hello,
I am writing a master thesis about a port to a pedagogical architecture. I have
found the same problem Richard Henderson had 3 years ago
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-01/msg00558.html):

A new architecture needs to represent unconditional jumps as
  (parallel [(set (pc) (label_ref))(clobber (reg))])
We would abort in several places because we did not recognize
this insn as a simplejump.
Sanity checked on alphaev56.
r~

Does any body know if there is a way solve that without having to patch gcc?

Thank you very much.

Pau Cabre
UPC
Spain