About RTL

Hi, I'm thinking of patching GCC so that the compiler may automatically insert some instructions in the final excutable objects.

I would like to do this at the RTL generation phase. But I've some questions:

1. I used "gcc -dr *.c" command to dump RTL code, but only got the RTL code for main function.
   (It begins with "; Main Function", so I guess it does not express the whole program.)
   How can I get the whole program's RTL representation?
2. I'm not familiar with GCC and RTL, how can I get some resources about them?
   (except GCC internals, I've already got one.)
3. Which files are related to RTL generation in the GCC source? I'd like to read some of them.

thx for reading!
                                                                                            Wang Yi
                                                                Graduate Student@ Dept. of C.S. NanJing Univ. P.R.C.