Re: PATCH RFC: Remove fork from collect2

On Mar 20, 2004, at 16:18, Zack Weinberg wrote:

Looks good in principle, but two questions:

1) Is private_extern really appropriate for routines that will go into
   libgcc_s.so?   (There is a LIB2FUNCS_STATIC_EXTRA variable to use
   if the routines should go only into libgcc.a.)

You are right they should go into LIB2FUNCS_STATIC_EXTRA, I did not know
about that variable, I should have looked more, I had looked a little but
only found LIB2ADDEH which was definitely wrong.

2) Are the .private_extern directive and -force_cpusubtype_ALL command
   line option accepted by all Darwin assemblers?  (Note I have no
   idea if there is more than one assembler for Darwin.)

Yes they are accepted by all Darwin assemblers from 1.0 (Mac OS X 10.0) to
7.2.0 (Mac OS X 10.3.2). There is only one assembler for Darwin right now
a heavy modified gas 1.38. Also the FSF GCC uses private_extern for attribute
hidden and -force_cpusubtype_ALL when you supply -maltivec respectively already.

Also, a meta-note: please use Content-Type text/plain and text/x-patch
for attached source files and patches (respectively), not
application/octet-stream.  And it is easier for someone who needs to
dig a patch out of the mailing list archives, years after the fact, if
you include new files in the patch (use 'cvs add' and 'cvs diff -N' --
you can safely do 'cvs add' for files [not directories] before a patch
is approved).

I had forgot about this as I was used to making patches without cvs commit
access and that was hard to do a "cvs add".

Ok, here is the patch which I am testing right now.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski

* config/rs6000/t-darwin (LIB2FUNCS_STATIC_EXTRA): Add darwin-fpsave.asm,
darwin-vecsave.asm, and darwin-world.asm.
(TARGET_LIBGCC2_CFLAGS): Add -Wa,-force_cpusubtype_ALL as the asm files
contain altivec instructions.
* config/rs6000/darwin-fpsave.asm: New file.
* config/rs6000/darwin-vecsave.asm: New file.
* config/rs6000/darwin-world.asm: New file.