Re: "no return statement" warning weirdness

>> This appears to be due to a check for C_FUNCTION_IMPLICIT_INT before
>> emitting the warning: when using just 'long', this flag is set to 1,
>> and if the flag is 1 the warning is not output.
>>
>> Is this supposed to work that way?

>IMO we should warn whether implicit int or not.

I speculate that this is attempting to avoid warning in cases like this:

foo() {}

... Where the function defaults to returning int, though the programmer
may never use the return value.  I think that it's reasonable to avoid
warning on that function, but it is still important to warn on the
slightly different:

int foo() {}

-Chris

--