Re: [tree-ssa] Dce & infinite loops

On Mar 18, 2004, at 11:25, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:

OK, I may easily extend the loop optimizer to remove empty loops if
there is a demand for it (once dce is fixed so that it is not done
even in cases it is incorrect, as happens now).

How is the loop in your example different from a call to a non-terminating function returning void? I don't see why the optimizers would handle that correctly and not the infinite loop. Could you explain?

-Geert