This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Reloading does not proper work on my new 8 bit target, please help
- From: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at superh dot com>
- To: ildar at unicore dot ru
- Cc: joern dot rennecke at superh dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:11:38 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: Reloading does not proper work on my new 8 bit target, please help
> Reloads for insn # 145
> Reload 0: reload_in (HI) = (mem/f:HI (reg/f:HI 24 dp1L ) [0 lstr+0 S2
> NO_SYSTEM_REGS, RELOAD_FOR_INPUT (opnum = 1)
> reload_in_reg: (mem/f:HI (reg/f:HI 24 dp1L ) [0 lstr+0 S2 A16])
> reload_reg_rtx: (reg/f:HI 24 dp1L )
When you want to reload a memory operand into dp1L, you might need
a secondary reload, as in this example. Likewise for dp2L for
memory operands using dp2L. Make sure this is reflected in
SECONDARY_RELOAD_CLASS. (or SECONDARY_INPUT_RELOAD_CLASS &
SECONDARY_OUTPUT_RELOAD_CLASS if you need to make them different).
If you defined MEMORY_MOVE_COST, also make sure that you take
memory_move_secondary_cost into account.