This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC viciously beaten by ICC in trig test!
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: Scott Robert Ladd <coyote at coyotegulch dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:05:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: GCC viciously beaten by ICC in trig test!
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, NL
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Roger Sayle wrote:
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:
Consider the following program, compiled and run on a Pentium 4
For a number of benchmarks, just this first line of source code above
is enough to loose the race for GCC against Intel when compiling on Linux.
Indeed - and that's the basic reason why you should write this kind of
software in Fortran: No pesky header files destroying your carefully
optimized code ....
[ OK, I couldn't resist :-) :-) ]
Toon Moene - mailto:email@example.com - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/ (under construction)