Re: [lno] [RFC] if-conversion and auto vectorizer

On Mar 13, 2004, at 1:24 AM, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:

[snip]

  # BLOCK 2
  # PRED: 1 [79.0%]  (true,exec)
<L1>:;
  T.1_9 = if (1 && T.0_3 > 0)

why this "1 &&" part?

Its because, I have not simplified conditional boolean expressions yet.

[snip]

I spent lot of time unnecessary to create super block inside loop by merging block 2 and 3 into block 1.

If vectorizer can not vectorize this loop then it will be reverted to
original form using loop versioning. Am I on the right track ?

I am not at all sure what you want to achieve with this transformation; it seems to me that you haven't done anything that could possibly make vectorizer's work easier.

After transforming statements, I should be able to merge all blocks in one super block inside loop. Once that is done vectorizer just needs to do one-to-one replacement.

--
Devang