Re: sparc-rtems defines unix and ada/sysdep.c

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 15:14, Joel Sherrill wrote:

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 14:16, Joel Sherrill wrote:

Hi,

In trying to get gcc 3.4 to build Ada for *-rtems, I have noticed that sysdep.c seems
to now be dependent on termios.h for sparc-rtems. In tracking this down, it seems
as though unix is a predefine for sparc-rtems. This causes gnat to think that we
should have termios installed when the run-time is built.

So I am left with two issues:

+ why is sparc-rtems defining unix?

Because sparc-rtems-gcc is broken. It bogusly applies config-files from sparc-solaris.

As does sparc-elf which sparc-rtems is closely modeled upon.

Yep, I recall other sparc platforms suffering from the same issue.

Can we safely turn it off? How?

My attempts to fix this can be found in: http://www.rtems.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?database=RTEMS&cmd=view&pr=517

It looks like you just inlined the solaris files and marked sections as unused. Is that right?

More or less, yes.

What I actually did was to concat several solaris headers and started to
comment out everything that seemed solaris specific or unnecessary for
RTEMS.

Unfortunately, I don't recall all details of hand and would have to look
into the patch again (this all happened several months ago and the
feedback on it wasn't necessarily encouraging enough to continue this
work :( ).

I recall that you were way ahead of the curve in testing this and no one revisited it. Likely sparc-elf is lightly used and no one noticed or cared if they did.

Would config/sparc/linux.h be closer to use as a starting point for
a new config/sparc/rtemself.h?

May-be, I'd have to check the details, but ... currently don't have the
time for checking it. I'd expect all sparc/ELF ports to share a common
(non-solaris/non-linux/elf-only specific) file.

But unfortunately, they don't seem to like the other ports.

I will add it to my list of things to attempt.  I would like
to get this fixed before 3.4.0 is cut.

I suppose I should test powerpc-rtems for gnat though to
see if that is in better shape since defining UNIX is a
sparc specific issue.

Ralf

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985