Re: Shebang

Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> I think #! is a constraint violation, which requires a diagnostic,
> unfortunately.

There could be an option that specifies "this is a C script; ignore
the initial #! line".  gcc would be nonconforming in that mode, but
still conforming without that option.  But the wrapper you suggest may
be better anyway.

> I suggest you write a wrapper program like this (only in C - you can't
> use a shell script as an #! interpreter):

But you can do:
#!/usr/bin/env shell-script
... input interpreted by shell-script here ...

paul