Re: Bugs in MIPS FUNCTION_ARG_REGNO_P ?

Eric Christopher wrote:

I was just talking about doing this last night. We could probably
obsolete it in 3.4 and remove in mainline.

Wind River is using o64 and it will be the system ABI in the next release of VxWorks for MIPS. Their Diab toolchain will be supporting this ABI as well, and that toolchain is used o non-VxWorks platforms. So, o64 support in GCC will be necessary for VxWorks and for compatibility with Diab on other platforms.

We should not remove this ABI. If we did, doing a VxWorks port would require putting it back.

(The reason they are using o64 is that the MIPS back end no longer allows "-mabi=32 -mgp64" which was what they were using before. Their codebase identifies itself as GCC 2.96, and is, I believe, a Red Hat delivery, but I might be wrong about the origin.)

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC