Porting GCC Toolchain

Hi, I am working for a hobby OS named SkyOS and was interested in
porting the gcc 3.x toolchain to the OS. The 2.95 chain was ported by
the operating system author Robert Szeleney, however he did it in a
rather unconventional (hacked hehe) way, in which he just had the build
process assume it was building for Cygwin, and then manually modifying
makefiles and source code here and there. I was hoping to port the
toolchain in a more regulated, clean way. Would anyone that?s part of
the gcc team be willing to help me get started? (Mind you I have read a
plethora of material ?Porting GCC for dunces? etc, but can?t seem to
get a laundry list of things I need to do) A big issue I have found is
that SkyOS has a TERRIBLE command line, which is what lead me to this
process in the first place (wanted to build bash for SkyOS..) Thank you
so much in advance, and by the way you guys make a really great
product, cheers to you all!

                                                   -- Matt Broadstone