Re: Lazy allocation of DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME

Geoff Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org> writes:

> Likewise, I believe with Zack's c-decl changes, I believe that it
> always returns the new DECL,

I can't speak to anything else here, but this is not true; I
considered that approach and rejected it.  The thrust of the
(currently incomplete) work is now to always use the oldest decl,
adding information from later ones as necessary.  Cases where that
does not happen are bugs - the bugs I've been trying to fix; the whole
problem is that the middle end is not prepared to cope with multiple
DECLs for the same object.

zw