Re: Factoring algorithms on rtl ?

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 02:03, GÃbor LÃki wrote:
> We would very much like to continue this work, because even in this very
> simple code motion algorithm we have extra gain beside the mentioned
> algorithm when optimizing for size. I expect significant reductions from
> the more sophisticated factorings. Do you support this?

I have taken no position on this work.  I simply pointed out that it
appeared to be a generalization of cross-jumping, which is something you
didn't mention, so I wasn't sure if you were aware of it.

I don't have time to support optimization work, I have only been
focusing on bug fixing and maintenance work.