Re: "Documentation by paper"

Daniel Berlin wrote:

Dunno about anyone else, but I am all for this.

Is there anyone *except* Richard Kenner who is against this?

Yes, me. I agree with Richard on this, I don't see any significant advantage in the separated documentation. In fact I suspect it in practice has the negative effect of out-of-date documentation wandering around.

I would certainly not pay even a minimal obfuscation cost
in the sources for this. For one thing, it makes it harder
work to keep the documentation up to date in the sources.
Given most people's attitude to documentation, it is hard
enough to get people to keep doc up to date without putting
additional roadblocks in the way.