Re: preprocessor: % as args to #defines

Andrew Pinski <pinskia@physics.uc.edu> writes:

> I wished GCC never supplied an inline-asm because it causes so much
> problems

While acknowledging that inline assembler is a fertile source of
problems, I would say that gcc's support for inline assembler is one
of the main reasons that gcc is useful in compiling for embedded
systems and kernels.  It permits scheduling of assembler code,
e.g. access to I/O ports, and thus permits high speed code which
really can not be written in C in any other way.

Ian