Re: "Documentation by paper"

In message <4016DC85.1040704@codesourcery.com>, Phil Edwards writes:
 >You're also ignoring the fact that we don't need to be a libfoo.a in order to
 >have an exported API.  "Functions to work with GIMPLE" would be an excellent
 >module to have listed, for example.  It certainly has an API.
Precisely.  And there's other code which should, IMHO have a well defined
API.  Examples off the top of my head would be the dominator tree walker
and the SSA-CCP engine.

 >Kenner, nobody is arguing against having a high-level documentation overview.
Right.  In fact, I think we might as well make high-level documentation a
requirement for the tree-ssa bits.  It shouldn't be a surprise that I've
already cobbled something together for the dominator walker and the
dominator optimizer.

Jeff