Re: Re: about writing a new front end for gcc

Replyed From: daizisheng <daizi@ustc.edu>

> "ÀîÊÀʤ" <daizi@ustc.edu> writes:
>
> > i am just trying to write my own front end for gcc,but i find some
> > difficult.  as i know,i must finish some interfaces such as the
> > lang_hooks structure as the ducuments say. but the other interfaces
> > i should finish can not be found in the documents.E.g.: the
> > convert() function declared in the tree.h file. i just want to know
> > where can i find the documents of all the interfaces i should finish
> > in my front end.
>
> I regret to say there is no complete documentation.  You will need to
> read the source code and look at what other front ends do.
>
> You are welcome to help us improve the GCC internals manual, but note
> that it is distributed under a license which many people consider to
> grant insufficient freedom.  See
> <http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/fdl.html>.
>
> zw

i am very glad to do that.:)

as i know,there are very few documents about the gcc internals.
some documents as i know are:
 the GCC internals and
 the CPP internals.

Another is the GCC FRONT-END-HOWTO,
but this document is very old and can give little help.

are there any other documents avaivable now?
--
USTC Alumni Email System