Re: [objc-improvements-branch] About to start ObjC++

On 21 Jan 2004, at 20:13, Mike Stump wrote:

On Wednesday, January 21, 2004, at 08:52 AM, Pascal J.Bourguignon wrote:
David Ayers writes:
Hmm, is this a subtle suggestion that 'you' ('we' as in Apple?) would
prefer to only have ObjC++? Call me paranoid but that thought alone is
quite frightening. :-) (But also currently irrelevant.)

Of course not. I assume Apple would like to have a JavObjC++! :-)

A curious idea, would you like to implement it? :-)

Sort of, though I am not particulary fond of Java (less now that I work with it full-time...).

I did look at the issues a little when I learned about gcj, and it seemed quite possible to integrate the gcj and Objective-C runtimes with only fairly minor tweaks.

Having worked extensively with Squeak and created the CocoaSqueak VM, integration with Smalltalk (or a simplified Objective-Smalltalk) also looks like a lovely option.

Anyway, I see that the integrated runtime job is no longer on offer... :-)

Cheers,

Marcel