Re: povray: Revised numbers

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 21:45, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2004, at 3:36 PM, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 January 2004 21:31, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> >> One of the reasons i haven't requested that points-to be turned on by
> >> default is that it won't have a performance impact until i've finished
> >> the aforementioned code.
> >
> > It would give you some testing input though.
>
> Yeah, but so does the bootstrap and regression test.
>
> :)
>
> It might stop people from breaking it every third week by slightly
> changing GIMPLE predicates and whatnot (so we get operations we never
> had to handle before), but then they'd just ask me to fix it anyway.
>
> Hey, i'm all for turning it on by default, don't get me wrong, I just
> don't see it doing anything for the majority of cases yet.  But if
> people are okay with that, ...

I would like to turn it on by default at some optimization level
just to get it some testing.

I have bootstrapped with Andersen PTA enabled, and I've posted the test
results in http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-01/msg00853.html.
While PTA is not used much yet, one FAIL is already fixed by this:

< FAIL: gcc.dg/tree-ssa/sra-3.c scan-tree-dump-times link_error 0

Nice.

Gr.
Steven