Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline

Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
I still think we should give high priority to some of the issues
raised like regressions and documentation, but these don't have to be
blockers as long as they is a commitment to address them.  (Again, my
mental model is the new C++ parser.)

Documentation desperately needs to be considered, but it won't likely receive a priority so long as it is not funded by someone.

Documentating isn't as fun as coding. The same holds true for debugging and testing; they just aren't very sexy in comparison to forging new code.

Some people recognize this; one of my primary clients is paying me to document a free software project's algorithms and design. That project, however, is not GCC. Perhaps someone *is* being funded to write GCC documentation; I don't know who they are, though, or what their mandate might be.

--
Scott Robert Ladd